Kevin Hart Hosts Saturday Night Live; View The Highlights Now:
Cold open—President Obama (Jay Pharoah) demonstrates the real-world effects of sequestration, with help from air traffic controllers forced to watch Doritos ads before they can check radar, security screeners forced to rely on down-the-pants photos texted to them by travelers, and the Village People.
Much in the way Louis C.K. kicked off his SNL episode with some stand-up comedy, Hart got things going in similar fashion, telling an elaborate story and then following it up with some (attempts at) celebrity impressions.
Bobby Moynihan and Cecily Strong returned to their roles and the disgruntled and vocal employees for a new sketch, and Hart had a hard time keeping it together when playing a Barnes & Noble manager…
Here’s the mentioned Pope Quvenzhane Wallis sketch. Between her Oscar nomination for Beasts of the Southern Wild and her adorable reactions at the Academy Awards, the timing does seem right for her to be Pope.
Here’s the Walking Dead parody.
I love Nasim Pedrad’s Carl. And then of course, there’s this (courtesy of the SNL tumblr:
- See more at: http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Watch-Kevin-Hart-Saturday-Night-Live-Highlights-Including-Walking-Dead-Parody-53225.html#sthash.kdcNpJCi.dpuf
The Vatican introduces its new selection for Pope: 9-year-old child actress Quvenzhané Wallis (Kevin Hart).
Really!?! with Seth and Kevin—Seth Meyers and Kevin Hart take on the Supreme Court’s skepticism of the Voting Rights Act. (Hart: “They say the act is unconstitutional? Look, the Constitution used to say I’m 3/5ths of a person. Don’t get me wrong… I’m short—but I’m not that short…”)
The monologue—Hart recalls his unsuccessful SNL audition.
‘SNL’ behind the scenes: Kevin Hart explains why this show’s bigger than the VMAs
Here’s what you won’t see on Saturday Night Live this weekend: the boxes Kevin Hart will stand on in order to make his small stature look a little less diminutive. (Hart’s only 5’4″.) “I’ve been deceiving a lot of people, which is fun,” the comedian jokes in this video from NBCUniversal Direct. “It’s lying! Television lies. That’s what it is.”
This, however, isn’t a lie — Hart thinks doing SNL is a bigger deal than hosting MTV’s Video Music Awards. “For astandup comedian, this is what we live for. This is what we want,” he explains. “So [the] VMAs was amazing, but this definitely surpasses that.”
We’ll see whether Hart’s hosting debut measures up to his VMA performance in just a few days. In the meantime, make do with this brief interview — filmed yesterday while Hart was in the midst of preparing for Saturday night:
- Kevin Hart To Host Saturday Night Live Tonight! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Kevin Hart To Host Saturday Night Live This Weekend! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Kevin Hart To Host ‘SNL’: “This Is Huge For Me” [VIDEO] (oldschool945.com)
- Kevin Hart to make ‘Saturday Night Live’ debut this weekend (thegrio.com)
- Life is good right now for Kevin Hart (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- VMAs host Kevin Hart: The DNC can’t compete with me (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- With ‘SNL’ Gig, Kevin Hart Continues to Rise (blackamericaweb.com)
- Kevin Hart hosts tonight’s ‘Saturday Night Live’: Talk about it here! (popwatch.ew.com)
- TV: Saturday Night Live: “Kevin Hart/Macklemore & Ryan Lewis” (avclub.com)
- WATCH: Kevin Hart Talks Run-in With Homeless Man During SNL Monologue (entertainably.com)