Sunset (Records) is set to release the funk rock and jazz influenced debut Fisher CD, The Fligumwompf Satchel!
Fisher is not only one of the accomplished musicians in the funk rock music scene today; he is also one of the deepest thinking musicians when it comes to his craft. The debut album by Fisher has been available on a minimal level, by the band, and the label (Sunset Records) has begun to set up this debut full length CD, for a worldwide release to stores and outlets distributed to by the Indie record label.
On April 9th, the popular Philadelphia rocker releases The Fligumwompf Satchel CD which is a jazz, funk, rock based album recorded with some of the top music artists in the Philly area. His (Fisher) band has a horn section with Chris Aschman on Trumpet, Ian O’Beirne on Saxophone and Jerred Antonacci and Paul Arbogast both play Trombone, along with other veteran players like drummers Andy Meyer and Roy Cole, bassists James Cooper and Kevin McLaughlin (Concord Road), keyboardists Terry DeAngelo and Anam Owili Eger and then Brian Tobianski plays on Synths and Percussion for the band and ensemble that worked on the CD. Fisher enhances the classic jazz and funk music scene today. The debut album is an upbeat collection of seven (7) original songs that are already being worked to radio (College, Funk). “Motown” has already begun getting spins at WXPN and “Furry Leverage,” “Talkin’” and “Havin A Time” have also been getting tracked airplay on radio, along with plays at clubs in Brooklyn and again, all over the world (DJ Fresh / Brooklyn DJ Factory, DJ Alex at Sabaku no Bara in Japan, Modena Radio City, DJ Anthony Gelo, SideTracks at Bar None, DJMGee at the Alando Palais in Germany and more).
What is an improvisational album produced by Brian Tobianski, and was recorded over a period of ten days at an Ohio based recording studio and production facility. The goal for the label (Sunset Records) is to keep things fresh, new and alive with this bright sounding album. The bands influences are with bands like Sly and the Family Stone, James Brown and Parliament, with hints of connectivity to the likes of Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Burning Spear and even an classical Indian and world music sound. The label’s commitment to the overall sense of direction and sound is evident by the freshness, and upbeat feel from the first song to the last one on the CD.
The album comes with a very special bonus “Rehearsal Recording” of the “Waves and Walls” song, and fans of funk-jazz-rock will be very excited to add this new CD to their collections. The band is setting up live dates (Recently played The Blockey, World Music Cafe, more) to play for the Philadelphia area fan base.
The Fligumwompf Satchel CD Track list:
2. Furry Leverage
4. Waves and Walls
6. Havin’ A Time
7. Spider Freak
About Sunset Records:
Creating a legacy for rock n roll artists, alternative music artists and pop rock artists, Sunset Records started to release new material in June of 2008, as a subsidiary of the Sunset Distribution Company. Headed by Chairman and Founder Don Lichterman, Sunset has signed and released music across a wide range of rock, pop, alternative, metal and soundtracks. Artists Include Federal Moguls (DJ Q-Ball (Bloodhound Gang)), Down From Zero, House On The Hill (#1 in Funk at MTVs Our Stage TWO (2) times in 2011/2012), Richtaste (Produced by Pat Aeby (Krokus), The Boy From Space (Produced by Fran Ashcroft (Dandy Warhols, Gorillaz), Joe Atman, Fisher, Cosmic Punch.
- Fisher, from Philadelphia and Sunset’s (Records) latest signing this month, is setting up the already recorded CD entitled, “The Fligumwompf Satchel,” for an April 9th official street day. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- This week, Sunset Recording artist Fisher becomes the latest signing at Sunset (Records)! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Alternative Pop Rock Act, Cosmic Punch Sign to Sunset Records. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- New Music Tuesdays: HipHop Party CD in Stores Today…Tony Zapata, The Real Revolution Album, Rockin Party CD, Joe Atman,’s It Takes The Village, Lounge Party are in stores Now; and, the Dance Party CD, Fisher’s The Fligumwompf Satchel & Cosmic Punch’s Clay (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Sunset Urban signs three new acts this week, through a production and distribution deal with Capella Entertainment. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- New Music Tuesday’s: Rockin’ Party CD in stores today features Pepper, Joe Atman, Federal Moguls (DJ Q-Ball (Bloodhound Gang), Travis Warren (Lead Vocals for Blind Melon), Richtaste, The Jetsuns and more on this CD Set! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Joe Atman in Stores Now; New Signings at Sunset Records with 3PM and Cosmic Punch, World Party CD in stores soon and more! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Two More (NINE (9) Total) Sunset Songs in Top 40 at Our Stage (MTV) in January, From Hip Hop Part Special markets Title… (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Nightclubs and Nightlife in Chicago (chicago.hotelscheap.org)