BREAKING NEWS – New Hampshire House of Representatives calls for a constitutional amendment
Late yesterday, by a vote of 189-139, the New Hampshire House of Representatives passed a resolution calling for a constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling and make clear that corporations are not people with constitutional rights. Ten Republican legislators joined in voting in favor of the resolution.
This vote follows the passage two weeks ago in Washington State‘s House of Representatives of a similar resolution, which is now moving forward in the state senate there. Such resolutions are advancing in many other states, including Maine, Nevada, and West Virginia.
We look forward to keeping you updated on all our progress in this campaign. Thank you for continuing to stand with us!
- New Hampshire State House Votes To Tell Congress To Overturn Citizens United (boldprogressives.org)
- NH House pro-Roe resolution tabled (leavenfortheloaf.com)
- Use the State of the Union to call for a constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Introduced Constitutional Amendment says: ‘Democracy for People, Not Corporations’ (commondreams.org)
- Three more states consider rebelling against Citizens United ruling (rawstory.com)
- New Hampshire House Easily Approves Medical Marijuana (justsaynow.firedoglake.com)
- Bernie Sanders Files the Constitutional Amendment to Undo Citizens United (politicususa.com)
- Congressmen Propose Constitutional Amendment To Overturn Citizens United (progressillinois.com)
- Democracy Is For People Amendment (citizenvox.org)
- New Hampshire House Votes to Nullify Federal Marijuana Laws, 286-64 (tenthamendmentcenter.com)