Recipe Of The Week
Adapted from TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com
1 15–oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and skinned
1 large, ripe avocado
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper, to taste
Bread of your choice
Sandwich toppings (we used lettuce and tomato)
- In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas and avocado together using a fork or large spoon.
- Add in the cilantro, green onions, and lime juice and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and add your favorite sandwich toppings.
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Crab, Mango and Avocado Salad (decadencedonelite.com)
- Guacamole, Guacamole Recipe & Guacamole Dip | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Guacamole Recipes & Easy Guacamole Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Chickpea, Bacon, Avocado & Rocket Sandwich. (utterlyruins.wordpress.com)
- Avocados are Southern California (barbmosher.com)
- Cilantro Lime Salad (lesliewoodwardwellness.wordpress.com)
- Smoked Snoek Snack Attack – In A Bowl (saltpassplease.wordpress.com)
- Black Bean and Avocado Salad (kellyrunsforfood.com)
- Chickpea, Avocado & Feta Salad (amorhealthyfood.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Avocado Salad in Pitas (09.11.13) (fox13now.com)