So, the House is a holding a hearing on climate change today…
Today, climate change is actually on the agenda for a House committee.
I’d hold off on celebrating.
Of the 17 members of the committee’s majority, 13 are documented climate change deniers — so you can probably guess how this hearing is going to turn out.
But the mere fact that they’re holding it is a sign that the pressure we’re putting on congressional climate change deniers is working — it’s time to pile on.
Will you mark this occasion by calling out this House committee’s climate change deniers?
After a year of refusing to hold a hearing on climate change, we’re finally seeing action.
They say they want to know exactly what President Obama’s administration is doing to fight climate change.
The President announced his plan to the American people three months ago, but to refresh their memories, here are the basics:
– Create the first ever EPA limits on carbon pollution from dirty power plants
– Double production of clean energy in the United States by 2020
– Prepare the U.S. for the impacts of climate change
– Lead the international community to tackle the global threat of climate change
The reality is the 139 climate change deniers in Congress are hoping to take the spotlight off of themselves — because, as it turns out, they don’t like the attention after all.
A whopping 97 percent of scientists still agree on the science of climate change — and today’s hearing is the perfect time to remind everyone you know that too many in Congress still refuse to accept it.
Make sure they see this graphic today — share it on Twitter:
Share it on Facebook:
- Unicorns doled out for climate change deniers (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Global warming report could backfire on environmentalists (humanevents.com)
- Goalposts are not just for sports: Climate deniers use them too! (profmandia.wordpress.com)
- UK warmist prof: Climate skeptics like ‘AIDS deniers’ (junkscience.com)
- Daniel Kessler: Let’s Name Hurricanes After Congressional Climate Deniers (huffingtonpost.com)
- States That Get The Most Disaster Aid Have Sent Dozens Of Climate Deniers To Congress (ampoch.wordpress.com)
- How Science Denial Is Going To Affect Tomorrow’s Big Climate Hearing (thinkprogress.org)
- The states that get the most natural disaster aid sent 47 climate-change deniers to Congress (dailykos.com)
- Climate Change Deniers Are Fighting Back (huffingtonpost.com)
- There are an embarrassing number of climate change deniers in Congress. Do you know where your legislators stand on climate? Ask them now >> (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)