If Election Day were tomorrow, John Boehner and Eric Cantor would be getting demoted….17 seats you GOP…Watch Out because we are coming for them….U Guys blew it!
If Republicans lose 17 seats in the House of Representatives, they lose their majority — and new polls released this weekend show that sitting Republicans are losing to Democrats in at least (you guessed it) 17 districts.
We’ve got the momentum — but this is a critical week. And it’s going to take a lot of hard work to make sure the country sees why Democrats are the party they can trust to steer us out of the current dysfunction in Washington.
I don’t have to tell you what having a Democratic majority in the House would mean — a Congress ready to work with the President, John Boehner out as Speaker, and, best of all, no more holding the federal budget hostage and no more votes to repeal Obamacare.
Chip in $3 or more today to help Democrats keep up the fight to take back the House:
According to multiple reports, there are enough votes in the House right now to pass the bill already approved by the Senate, and reopen our government. And yet, one man, Speaker John Boehner, is thwarting the will of the majority by refusing to hold a vote. What is he scared of?
Send a message to the Tea Party: “Shut down our government? We’ll shut YOU down at the polls!”
Let these extremists know that we will not allow our country to be held hostage by their political antics.
EMILY’s List has been helping elect phenomenal progressives (including Elizabeth Warren) for years, and they know what they’re doing.
Send a message, vent appropriately, and then… help EMILY’s List take back the House in 2014!
Since he became speaker, John Boehner has tried and tried again to appease the Tea Party wing of his Republican caucus. He has let this small but loud contingent drive the House agenda, hoping that in return they would come to their senses for the most critical items.
It hasn’t worked. It has been a miserable failure. And now America is paying the price.
Send Boehner a message: Tell him to dump the Tea Party, and work with reasonable Republicans and Democrats to find common ground solutions.
Congress is headed for two major showdowns over federal spending and Republican hostage-takers are once again trying to force weak-kneed Democrats in Congress to agree to cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security benefits.
Tell Democrats: Don’t let Republican hostage-takers put Medicare and Social Security benefits back on the chopping block.
–> Click here to send a message
–> Click here to share this on Facebook
Thanks for your support, and for fighting back!
- Coffman reverses course, will back clean CR to fund government (kdvr.com)
- Dems Hit Boehner As Too ‘Chicken’ To Allow Vote On Clean Spending Bill (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- The War Between the Republicans, Week 2 (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Government Shutdown, Told In Lego (theatlanticwire.com)
- Consider Carefully if You Should Watch the (NSFW) Miley Cyrus SNL Sketch Featuring John Boehner and Michele Bachmann Doing Unspeakable Things (theblaze.com)
- Jay Carney Snaps at ABC News Reporter Who Called Him Out Over Boehner Comments: ‘That’s Not What He Said’ (theblaze.com)
- Speaker John Boehner Forgets He Admitted ‘Obamacare Is The Law Of The Land’ (crooksandliars.com)
- The Shutdown is Rapidly Becoming a Boehner Problem (yourfaceispolitics.wordpress.com)
- Now 18 House Republicans Are Ready to Throw in the Towel in Obamacare Fight – Dems Have the Leverage and Only John Boehner Can Stop Them (theblaze.com)
- Schumer To Boehner: Prove That A Clean CR Won’t Pass (talkingpointsmemo.com)