Send Gov. Rick Perry a message
And thanks to Wendy Davis, that is about to change.
When Wendy added her name to the ballot, Texas got the chance to turn over a new leaf in 2014. But Wendy needs our help every single step of the way.
In just four days, thousands of people have joined EMILY’s List in support of Wendy’s campaign. But it’s going to take the help of a lot more people — all across the country — if Wendy is going to win in a state as big and as tough as Texas.
Wendy has been waiting for this moment. She has laced up her sneakers, tied them extra tight, and is ready for a 13-month marathon to win the Texas Capitol.
Last week, Texas Right to Life already launched attack ads against Wendy in both English and Spanish. And if the recent vicious smears are any indication, Wendy could face one of the ugliest campaigns we’ve ever seen.
But here’s what I know about Wendy: She’s ready, and she knows how to fight back. She’s just going to need all of us to pledge to be right there with her.
Gov. Rick Perry needs to know what it really means to “support the health of Texas women.”
In a few weeks, the Center will return to court to fight for the rights of Texas women.
This is a familiar battleground in the ongoing war on women. Led by Gov. Rick Perry, Texas politicians are fixated on devastating reproductive health care in the state.
He claims to care about the women in his state. On the day he signed the most recent restrictions into law, Perry told reporters, “This is an important day for those who…support the health of Texas women.” 1
But the governor’s actions speak louder than words. The sweeping law he passed has nothing to do with safety, health, or supporting women.
The truth is, if his restrictions take effect, they would make essential health care services practically impossible for many Texans to access, leaving women’s health and safety at risk.
PS – Gov. Perry has a history of targeting the women in his state. Send a strong message that all families—no matter what state they live in—have the right to make personal decision for themselves.
- Sources: Wendy Davis will run for Texas governor (dailykos.com)
- Rightwing Ready With Attack Ads Against Wendy Davis (crooksandliars.com)
- Wendy Davis Will Announce Run for Texas Governor (blogher.com)
- Wendy Davis Campaign Releases First Ad (burntorangereport.com)
- Burnt Orange Report Endorses Wendy Davis for Governor of Texas (burntorangereport.com)
- Sources: Wendy Davis will run for governor in 2014 (theblaze.com)
- Awakening The Sleeping Giant: Why Latinos Should Back Wendy Davis For Governor of Texas in 2014 (burntorangereport.com)
- Wendy Davis to announce run for Texas governor, Democrats say – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- EMILY’s List will mobilize for Davis (tv.msnbc.com)