This powerful documentary will air on CNN tonight at 9 p.m. ET.
Twitter using #BlackfishOnCNN.
Help Animals Imprisoned by SeaWorld
SeaWorld continues to jeopardize the safety of humans and animals alike despite numerous tragedies—including the deaths of many orcas and the death of a trainer who was seized by a frustrated orca, thrashed around violently, and held under water to drown.
The intelligent, social ocean animals kept in the pitifully small tanks at SeaWorld are denied everything that is natural and important to them. In the wild, dolphins swim up to 100 miles a day in the open ocean, but captive dolphins are confined to small tanks in which the reverberations from their sonar bounce off the walls, driving them insane. Some of these animals were violently captured and torn away from their homes in the wild, and many are forced to learn and perform circus-style tricks. According to whistleblower tips from trainers, withholding food from animals who refuse to perform is a common training method, and because of the intense boredom and aggression caused by captivity, orcas gnaw on the metal gates and concrete corners of the tanks and damage their teeth.
The only thing that people learn from visiting a SeaWorld theme park is how miserable life is for the animals confined there. Children see mere shadows of animals, defeated beings who do not engage in natural behavior and cannot live as nature intended. Marine parks teach all the wrong lessons: that it is acceptable to imprison animals; to deprive them of freedom of movement and thought; to forbid them the chance to establish their natural territory and explore; to breed and separate them as we, not they, please; and to watch them go insane from boredom and loneliness.
You can help the animals imprisoned by SeaWorld today. Please take a moment to ask SeaWorld to immediately set in place a firm and rapid plan to release the animals to sanctuaries that can provide them with a more natural environment.
Please keep all correspondence polite, as anything less will hurt our efforts.
The Rose Parade will take place on January 1, and we need YOUR help to send the Tournament of Roses Association the message that people are simply NOT OK with keeping whales (some of whom were violently stolen from the wild) imprisoned in pitifully tiny concrete tanks.
- Blackfish – A Movie Review (reviewslikeachamp.wordpress.com)
- PETA Protest Against SeaWorld Draws Attention to Documentary ‘Blackfish’ (sandiego6.com)
- SeaWorld responds to questions about captive orcas, ‘Blackfish’ film (peace4animalscornwall.wordpress.com)
- “Blackfish” Does New Film Signal the End of Captive Dolphin Exploitation? (fidest.wordpress.com)
- Ask Macy’s to Stop Promoting Cruelty at SeaWorld! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Captive orcas have attacked & killed THREE people! Orcas in the wild have killed ZERO people.. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- PETA protests using crated, stuffed animal orca (fox5sandiego.com)
- Blackfish SeaWorld Film Attacks Theme Park for Abusing Orcas (americanlivewire.com)
- ‘Blackfish’ sparks debate over taking kids to animal parks (fox2now.com)
- CNN is airing “Blackfish” Thursday at 9. Watch with us and join the live twitter chat! (southernfriedscience.com)