man…This girl is smarter than any of us let alone at that age. Wow. Who are her parents? This girl is brilliant. i wanna say woman out of great respect and i cant because this girl is a total girl. She is amazing and yes…she has officially made the Sunset daily wall of greatness…here is how she got herself to be interviewed on the MHP (Melissa Har5ris Perry) show today….i am blown away by this young adult…..
Madison Kimrey of Burlington has attended three Moral Monday protests
Gov. Pat McCrory elected not to attend a dessert sit-down with 12-year-old Madison Kimrey Thursday afternoon at the Bicentennial Mall in Raleigh, despite 11,000 signatures on a petition asking the governor to discuss the issues with the young activist from Burlington.
After being handed cake at a Moral Monday protest at the Executive Mansion last month, Kimrey launched an online petition through MoveOn.org called, “Pat McCrory: Let’s Sit Down and Enjoy a Snack Together.”
In her petition, Kimrey asked McCrory to meet with her so they could discuss the legislation the governor signed that eliminates a program allowing students to preregister to vote prior to turning 18. As of Thursday afternoon, the petition had 11,746 signatures.
“He did not come out,” said Kimrey. “We waited two hours, and no sign whatsoever.”
Kimrey said she wasn’t surprised.
“After what he said on his radio show about how I’m a prop for liberal groups, I really didn’t expect him to come,” Kimrey said, referring to the Wednesday interview McCrory gave on News Radio 570 WWNC’s Pete Kaliner Show.
In the interview, McCrory was asked if he would respond to Kimrey’s request to meet.
“This is ridiculous,” McCrory said on air. “This is all very liberal groups using children as I think, um, props, to push a very far left agenda. That’s all it is, is a media play, to get free publicity.”
“I just feel like that’s not a leader,” Kimrey said. “He’s supposed to be the leader of North Carolina and he’s insulting 12-year-old little girls?”
She said now that McCrory has refused to meet with her, she’s shifting her focus to other teens.
“I’ve started an organization for kids and teenagers,” she said. The goal is to have them talk to their own legislators about reintroducing the bill ending voter preregistration for 16- and 17-year-olds. She said a couple of young people are already interested in the group.
“That’s what my main focus is going to be at this point,” she said.
- Dome: Lt. Gov. Dan Forest unhappy with DPI response on Common Core (newsobserver.com)
- Delightful 12-year old, 1. Prickly Gov. McCrory, 0. (indyweek.com)
- Dome: Young activist unimpressed by offer of cake (newsobserver.com)
- North Carolina’s McCrory Delivers Cookies as Politics Shift (bloomberg.com)
- North Carolina: Governor allows anti-sharia bill to become law (ufohunterorguk.com)
- North Carolina governor delivers cookies to abortion activists’ protest (theblaze.com)
- Is this the most racially charged political ad ever? (theblaze.com)
- Gov. Pat McCrory says his policies ‘too complex’ for journalists to judge (dailykos.com)
- GOP Governor Criticized For Big Promotions Given To Campaign Aides (huffingtonpost.com)