Tell Sarah Palin the Deficit is Not “Like Slavery” and moreover, nor can it be deemed as being “evil” for gods sakes:
This is why she is an idiot in the broad scheme of life. She needs to chill a bit because calling healthcare is evil is just stupid considering the evil shit going on in the world. I get that she is trying to sell her new book but still, anything this woman says is so odd. It never makes any sense making her just irrelevant outside of just pure entertainment. I think she had work done to her face too. But man. stop with the extremes if you want anyone with a rain to take you serious in life. Now, she gets a platform if you will because you know she is gonna say something just so extreme and so odd. Evil? healthcare? Come on. The slavery thing she forewarned so I give her a pass…she also says something about there being a “tort reform threat” I think was the sentence….which I don’t even that makes any sense in the english language let alone in poli sci…as Alex Wagner just said on Hardball…she just puts words together that she thinks sounds good….she does not even prepare for any questions unless its the ones she feeds whomever is intervieweing her…anyway:
Yes, even for Sarah Palin, this is a doozy. Speaking at a dinner in Iowa, she said that interest payments for the national debt are “like slavery.”
Because as we all know, incurring higher than optimal interest payments is exactly the same as being ripped from your family, enslaved, and tortured.
Look, there’s plenty of room for debate about the deficit and how to address it, but comparisons to slavery are both ludicrous and offensive. And while it’s tempting to dismiss Palin as a crackpot who should be ignored, the reality is there are still millions for whom she is the top choice for president, and regular talking head on TV. We don’t have the luxury of leaving such ludicrous statements unchallenged.
And frankly, being lectured about the deficit by a Republican is a little hard to swallow, given that every Republican president since Eisenhower has left a larger deficit than he inherited.
Send Sarah Palin a message: Tell her the deficit is not “like slavery,” and that she should be ashamed for saying that.
- Sarah Palin begins book tour next week (bigstory.ap.org)
- The Prof. Sarah Palin Lectures (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sarah Palin Has Gone Batshit Insane Over the ‘War on Christmas’ (jezebel.com)
- Palin Compares Slavery To The National Debt (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Sarah Palin slams Obamacare (huffingtonpost.com)
- Palin: National debt is ‘like slavery’ (washingtonpost.com)
- Sarah Palin Is Back to Doing What She Does Best — Scaring White People And Selling Books (huffingtonpost.com)
- Deep thoughts from Sarah Palin: ‘This isn’t racist, but …’ (dailykos.com)
- Sarah Palin compares US debt to slavery, claims young Americans be shackled by country’s spending (voiceofrussia.com)
- Sarah Palin, Richard Cohen and today’s sad, sad GOP (salon.com)