STAND UP TO THE CLIMATE CHANGE DENIERS
New data from the White House Office of Management and Budget shows the dangerous impacts of carbon pollution like never before — that’s no surprise to 97 percent of climate scientists who know that climate change is real and man-made. But climate change deniers are trying to bury this report’s findings.
It’s time to face the facts. Stand up to tell the OMB you support an honest, scientific assessment of the social cost of carbon.
Climate science shows that carbon pollution is the biggest contributor to climate change.
Now, thanks to new information from the White House Office of Management and Budget, we have better data than ever on how much each ton of carbon emissions costs us.
These new numbers on the social cost of carbon are thorough, well-researched, and sound — but climate change deniers in Congress and their allies in the polluter lobby are trying to bury them.
These climate change deniers would have us believe that the jury is still out on the science of climate change. That couldn’t be further from the truth — 97 percent of climate scientists agree that climate change is man-made and real.
The impacts from climate change already include increased droughts and floods, longer wildfire seasons, and we’ll see decreased food production and growth in respiratory illnesses.
This is serious business. Just last week, we found out that dozens of the biggest companies in the world — including big oil companies — are already estimating the costs of carbon to their businesses, showing just how out of touch these climate change deniers are.
These are real problems, and they’re already affecting millions of Americans every year.
Add your name now to stand up to the climate change deniers, and say it’s time to face up to the very real costs of carbon pollution:
Thanks — more soon,
- Is Bjorn Lomborg right to say fossil fuels are what poor countries need? | Graham Readfearn (theguardian.com)
- Social cost of carbon (sppiblog.org)
- OMB Issues Call for Additional Public Comments on the Social Cost of Carbon (theenergycollective.com)
- ‘Climate change is like Y2k!’ – Oz senator (go.theregister.com)
- Something in the weather tells us climate change is real (stltoday.com)
- OMB issues call for additional public comments on the social cost of carbon (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- How to Cure a Climate Change Denier (wattsupwiththat.com)
- ALP ‘govt-change deniers’ stopping mandate (news.theage.com.au)
- Obama’s failures on climate change (blogs.redding.com)
- Vast Majority of Americans Want Action on Climate Change, Whitehouse Gives Weekly Speech (sustainablebusiness.com)