I still have one of the last Mother’s Day cards my daughter, Christina-Taylor Green, gave me.
She was just nine years old when she was murdered in the mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona. She only gave me a few cards, but I cherish them all.
This Mother’s Day — if you can — send a card to your mother. Or give her a call.
But today, I hope you’ll take a minute to stand with moms who won’t hear from their children this Sunday. The moms of Columbine. Virginia Tech. Tucson. Aurora. And Newtown. The moms of the 33 people who are murdered with guns every single day in this country.
The US Senate blocked legislation that would have expanded background checks and kept guns out of the hands of dangerous people. They went against the will of more than 90% of Americans who support background checks for all gun sales.
Join me and other moms in thanking those who did the right thing and telling those who voted against background checks that they should be ashamed.
Call your senators and tell them you stand with moms:
Or send them a personalized Mother’s Day card and let them know how you feel:
Thank you for getting involved.
I know there’s nothing we can do to bring back all the children who have been murdered with guns. But we can do our best to make sure no other families have to go through this pain.
- Nevada Moms, Children To Hold Mother’s Day Rally In Las Vegas On Friday To Raise Gun Violence Awareness (sys-con.com)
- North Carolina Moms, Children To Hold Mother’s Day Events Friday And Saturday To Raise Gun Violence Awareness (sys-con.com)
- Moms, Children To Hold Mother’s Day Events In Eight States To Raise Gun Violence Awareness On Friday And Saturday (sacbee.com)
- Pennsylvania Moms, Children To Hold Pittsburgh Mother’s Day Rally On Saturday To Raise Gun Violence Awareness (sys-con.com)
- Moms vs. NRA (dogleadermysteries.com)
- Consumers Beware of Cybercriminals When Shopping for Mom This Mother’s Day – Fourth Busiest Spending Holiday (prweb.com)
- How To Save Money But Give The Best Mother’s Day Gifts From Freebie Finding Mom (prweb.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day – Don’t Wait For Others To Give You A Gift; Treat Yourself To Something (empowernetwork.com)
- Wishing Mom a Happy Mother’s Day…on Facebook (pewresearch.org)
- 15 Mother’s Day Cards For Wonderful Lesbian Moms (buzzfeed.com)