Climate Ride is a 300-mile bicycle journey to raise money for groups working to solve the climate crisis, including 350.org.
The ride connects New York and Washington, DC. Along the way, you’ll pass through green rolling countryside, historic towns, Pennsylvania‘s Amish Country, the beautiful Delaware River Valley, and more, before arriving to a rally and hero’s welcome on the steps of the Capitol.
Not bad, right? The ride is also fully supported by the awesome Climate Ride team (they even carry your gear). Along the way you get to hear from a series of great speakers on topics related to sustainability, and hang out with a bunch of other cool folks dedicated to fighting climate change.
When I did Climate Ride, I’d never done a long ride before. I didn’t know if I could do it, but in the end, riding on country roads with the sun beating down, I was reminded what a sweet planet this is, and how much I’d love my kids and their grandchildren to be able to enjoy it in the same way I can.
To participate in Climate Ride, you’ll have to do a bit of fundraising — but that’s part of the fun, too. The donations you raise will support 350.org’s divestment campaign, our continued fight against the Keystone XL pipeline, and our global work to train the next generation of climate leaders.
I hope you’ll consider riding for us this year. It’s really an experience not to be missed.
Spots are filling up quickly. Hurry and sign up today!
- Meet Team LACBC Climate Rider Laurie Gelardi (lacbc.wordpress.com)
- OFA Talking Points Caution Members On Keystone (huffingtonpost.com)
- McKibben’s Divestment Tour (counterpunch.org)
- Obama’s OFA refusing to help on Keystone Pipeline (americablog.com)
- Burning Tar Sands = ‘Unsolvable’ Climate Crisis: Hansen (commondreams.org)
- Earth Day Event on LI: Movie in Patchogue (onthewilderside.com)
- Zen and the Art of the Climate Ride (noimpactman.typepad.com)
- Divestment Calls Grow: ‘Take Our Planet, and We’ll Take Your Money’ (commondreams.org)
- Meet Team LACBC Climate Rider Michael Rippens (lacbc.wordpress.com)
- Ride to Washington (outsideonline.com)